Poland charges Colombian with terrorism over arson attacks on behalf of Russia
The Internal Security Agency says the 27-year-old Colombian national was acting on behalf of Russian intelligence when he carried out two arson attacks in Poland last year. He faces up to 10 years in prison.
Authorities in Poland charged a Colombian national with terror offences on Tuesday for his role in two arson attacks, allegedly carried out on behalf of Russia.
“Officers of the Internal Security Agency (ABW) have determined that a 27-year-old Colombian man who acted on behalf of Russian intelligence was behind two arson attacks that occurred in Poland in May 2024,” spokesperson for the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration, Jacek Dobrzyński, said during a press conference.
ABW said the 27-year-old suspect, who entered Poland from Spain, set fire to two construction supply depots in May last year, following orders from Moscow as part of a hybrid warfare campaign.
Dobrzyński said the man had been taught how to prepare incendiary materials, construct Molotov cocktails and document the effects of sabotage actions by Russia’s secret services.
Read more: Euronews