Fusion Center Resources To Help You Stay Informed and Safe
The following are some resources which Maryland's citizens may find helpful.
The Global SHIELD Network (GSN) is a law enforcement and intelligence network immersed in public-private sector partnerships designed to prevent crime, terrorism and improve public safety. MCAC’s SHIELD Program supports local law enforcement agencies with active SHIELD Programs through joint products, trainings, and facilitating information sharing between agencies.
We work with Maryland programs at Anne Arundel County Police Department, Baltimore Police Department, Baltimore County Police Department, and Havre de Grace Police Department.
SHIELD Programs offer a variety of trainings, conduct vulnerability assessments of facilities, engage in awareness campaigns in partnership with federal partners, and communicate directly with local private sector partners. By being that source of training and outreach between local LE and partners in their jurisdictions, SHIELD Programs are uniquely developed to make the global approach to security more relevant and accessible to local businesses and communities.
Our network is growing! If you are interested in starting a SHIELD Program in your jurisdiction, please email our team at email@example.com!
License Plate Reader Program
License Plate Reader (LPR) technology provides Maryland law enforcement with automated detection of a vehicle's license plate as they pass the reader. The LPR system consists of a high-speed camera, mounted either at a fixed location or on a mobile patrol vehicle, and a computer to convert data from electronic images of vehicle license plates into a readable format, and then compare the information against specified databases of license plates. The system attaches camera identification, date, time, and location information, to include GPS coordinates, to the digital image and it is maintained electronically in a central location to provide a means of ensuring the license plate number was properly converted. The digital image can include additional information such as:
- The vehicle's make and model
- The vehicle's driver and passengers
- Distinguishing features (e.g., bumper stickers, damage)
- State of registration
If a given plate is listed in the database, the system is capable of providing the vehicle's location, direction of travel, and the type of infraction related to the notification.
For information about how LPR data is used, please see our LPR Standard Operating Procedure.
For information about the LPR audit policy, please see our Model Audit Policy for Access to and Use of Automated LPR Data.
- DHS Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Links:
- Stop Ransomware – Assist in identifying, reporting, and mitigating ransomeware attacks
- Ransomware Guide – Link to prevention best practices and response checklist
- CISA Known Exploited Vulnerabilities
- National Cyber Awareness (NCAS) Alerts
- FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
- Center for Internet Security - Multi-State Information & Sharing Analysis Center
Public Safety and Missing Persons
- Active Shooter Response - resources for First Responders, Industry, and Education Partners
- Amber Alerts - voluntary partnership to activate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child-abduction cases
- Governor's Office of Crime Control and Prevention
- Human Trafficking Information
- Kidnappings and Missing Persons
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Maryland Missing & Unidentified Persons
- Maryland Sex Offender Registry
- Office of Legislative Audits
- Spot Crime Statistics in Maryland (This is a public source unaffiliated with the MCAC)
- Vinelink - search for the incarceration status of criminals
- 2022 State of Maryland Hate/Bias Report
- 2021 State of Maryland Hate/Bias Report
- 2020 State of Maryland Hate/Bias Report
- 2019 State of Maryland Hate/Bias Report
- 2018 State of Maryland Hate/Bias Report
- 2017 State of Maryland Hate/Bias Report
- 2016 State of Maryland Hate/Bias Report
- 2015 State of Maryland Hate/Bias Report
- 2014 State of Maryland Hate/Bias Report