Former student arrested after mass shooting threat at Central Florida school

A 30-year-old woman was taken into custody on Wednesday after a “threatening Facebook post” was discovered, according to the Ocala Police Department.

In an affidavit, police said that the post was made around 6 a.m., and it read, “I was so (expletive) close to sh*oting up Meadowbrook academy.”

The account that posted the threat was later tracked to Oksana Deputat, 30, who investigators said was a former student of the academy.

OPD officials announced that officers had been dispatched to the campus to keep the students and staff safe, though investigators were ultimately able to locate Deputat.

“Further investigation revealed additional alarming posts on the defendant’s social media account that elevated police concern,” a post by OPD officials states.

As the affidavit reveals, one such social media post made in March reads, “I get off to daydreams of mass murder.” That post was reportedly re-shared on Deputat’s profile earlier this week.

Read more: WKMG