Would-be Trump assassin tries to stab himself in neck after guilty verdict

Ryan Routh, the 59-year-old accused of attempting to kill Donald Trump as the former and future president played a round of golf on his Florida course last year – the second attempt on Trump’s life during his second campaign – has been found guilty on all charges against him. Routh tried to stab himself in…

Read More

School shooting fears provoked Monday’s lockdown at Albert Lea schools

Law enforcement is now saying what spurred the lockdown at four Albert Lea schools was the threat of a school shooting. The Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office says it got a tip from the FBI on Friday of a brief Discord conversation in which one individual expressed interest in committing a school shooting and livestreaming it.…

Read More

Norway police investigate explosion in central Oslo

Norwegian police said on Tuesday they were investigating a blast on a street in central Oslo and later conducted a controlled detonation of a second explosive device found on the site, adding that a suspect had been apprehended for questioning. There were no reports of injuries at the location, in the immediate vicinity of a…

Read More

Man Who Shined a Laser at Marine One With Trump Aboard Is Arrested, U.S. Says

A man who aimed a laser pointer at Marine One, the presidential helicopter, as it was departing the White House on Saturday with President Trump aboard was charged with a felony on Monday, the authorities said. The man, Jacob Samuel Winkler, 33, of Washington, D.C., was standing on the sidewalk on Constitution Avenue when a…

Read More

Sacramento ABC TV station building struck by gunfire; suspect in FBI custody

A man arrested in connection with a shooting at a television station building in Sacramento faces federal charges and made a federal court appearance on Monday after he was arrested by the FBI over the weekend. Sacramento police say officers responded to the 400 block of Broadway, the ABC10 building, just after 1:30 p.m. local…

Read More

Planned shooting stopped at Bay Area high school via Sandy Hook Promise tip line

Thanks to a single voice speaking up, a planned school attack was prevented. A mother is making it her life’s mission to prevent tragedy. Nicole Hockley’s son Dylan was one of 20 children killed in 2012 at the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Hockley co-founded the nonprofit Sandy Hook Promise. A free resource that teaches…

Read More