UK pledges wider legislation to tackle state-sponsored threats after London stabbings

Britain on Thursday said it would introduce new legislation to tackle state-sponsored threats, after two Jewish ‌men were stabbed in the latest apparent antisemitic attack amid warnings that states like Iran were using criminal proxies. Ministers said the government would fast-track legislation allowing the prosecution of people acting as proxies of a state-sponsored group, so…

Read More

Men Accused in Fires Targeting Starmer Received Orders in Russian, Prosecutors Say

A man accused of carrying out arson attacks on properties linked to Prime Minister Keir Starmer of Britain was “recruited, instructed and promised payment” by an account on the Telegram messaging app that communicated in Russian, prosecutors said on Wednesday. Prosecutors made that allegation for the first time as the man, Roman Lavrynovych, a 22-year-old…

Read More

Terrorism charge added for woman accused of setting fire to GOP’s office

A New Braunfels woman now faces a terrorism charge after officials say she broke into the Comal County Republican Party’s headquarters in January and started a fire. A Comal County grand jury on April 15 indicted Grace Carol Brown, 22, on a charge of terrorism, according to court documents. The charge, a first-degree felony, is…

Read More

Romanian man sentenced to prison for swatting spree targeting dozens of US officials

A Romanian man was sentenced Wednesday to four years in prison for organizing a wave of swatting calls and bomb threats against dozens of U.S. government targets, including members of Congress, cabinet-level officials, federal judges and the heads of federal law-enforcement agencies, according to prosecutors. Thomasz Szabo, 27, was a prolific participant in a dangerous…

Read More

Brown University Gunman Planned Attack for Years, F.B.I. Says

The man who killed two Brown University students and an M.I.T. professor last December plotted the crimes over the course of three years, federal law enforcement officials said Wednesday. The shooter, Claudio Neves Valente, 48, had been socially isolated, making it hard to track his intentions, investigators said in a report released on Wednesday that…

Read More

SD Supreme Court affirms terrorism threat conviction

The South Dakota Supreme Court has affirmed the conviction and sentence of a Rapid City man who threatened President Donald Trump. Lucian Celestine was convicted in Pennington County after threatening to climb Mount Rushmore to shoot President Trump back in 2020. Celestine entered a guilty plea in November 2024 for Attempted Threat of Felony Terrorism.…

Read More

Mali military leader Goita emerges as Russia declares it halted coup

Mali’s military leader Assimi Goita has met the Russian ambassador to the East African country, according to his office. Goita’s office published photos of the meeting on Tuesday in what was his first public appearance since rebel attacks over the weekend that killed one of his ministers. The news release came after Russia said earlier…

Read More