Police detain fourth suspect after arson attack on Czech defence factory

Czech police have detained a fourth suspect following an arson attack on an optics and drones factory this month and ​a court has ordered the person be held in custody, ‌police said on X on Saturday.

A previously unknown pro-Palestinian activist group had claimed responsibility for the March 20 attack on the LPP company’s factory in Pardubice, east of ​Prague, which caused millions of dollars in damage.

Police said the ​newly detained person held Czech citizenship but did not specify ⁠if it was a man or a woman. A search for ​other suspects continued, police said.

The fourth suspect denied participation in any illegal ​activity, news agency CTK quoted the judge who ordered the person be held in custody as saying.

Czech police had earlier detained an Egyptian man and a Czech woman ​and charged them with terrorism. Another person, a U.S. citizen, had ​been detained in neighbouring Slovakia in relation to the attack.

The group that claimed responsibility ‌has ⁠said in a statement posted online that the targeted company was developing weapons for Israel.

Read more: Reuters